1.05.2002

All my previous attempts to read this work systematically have broken down. But I sense that despite the remark form organized into constellations, Wittgenstein is inviting readers to walk along with him. It is a journey not only through the "city" of language, but also from childhood to adulthood. My main interest in the text these days are the inquiries into perception that compose the bulk of Part II.

I'm looking forward to reading this with a friend I have come to know as a careful and interesting reader of difficult works and, in the case of E.O. Wilson's Consilience, works that can boil blood.

"For Wittgenstein" is a beautiful poem that captures the frictionless realm offered by the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus. Now it is on to the rough ground of the Philosophical Investigations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home